Thanks REX and Frank. I won't receive the A7 for at least a week and I'm a bit apprehensive as this is the first used camera I have bought. I have found that I most often use the A850 over the A77, so guess I prefer full frame. I never use my A700 now. I am very happy with my Minolta Glass and my Sony glass is good to very good. The 16-80 ZA is my only APS-C lens and it can be used on the A7 with three interesting options, Off, Auto and On. I think it will have a permanent place on my A77. My best lenses are the Minolta 200mm f2.8, 300mm f4 and my most used Minolta 100mm f2.8 Macro D. There is nothing in the FE mount range that can compare without spending a small fortune, assuming they become available. There should be a few new FE lenses released this year, but I am not really interested.
I looked at the A7II and noted that the main changes are:
1) 5-axis image stabilization system (Would be very nice)
2) Faster AF system (30%) (I am not an action Photographer)
3) Better video shooting capacity (I don't shoot Video)
4) More rugged full metal body (I do not see this as a problem, the A7 has a Sealed alloy and composite body)
5) Increased size to accommodate the 5 Axis stabilization (Reduces some of the advantages of the small A7 series)
So a used A7 vs a used A7II is about $800 - $1000 CAD in difference. I cannot justify that much for 5-axis IS.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 03:37:39 PM by AScot »
Sony A7, A850, A77, A700 || Sony>> 70-300G, 28-75 f2.8 SAM, 16-80CZ, 50 f1.4, FE 28-70 OSS, FE 24-70CZ f4 OSS, LA-EA4 || Minolta>> 300 f4 G HS, 200 f2.8 G HS, 100 f2.8 (D) Macro, 50 f1.7, 28 f2.8, 28-135 f4-4.5, 70-210 f4, 500 f8 Reflex, TC x 1.4 HS, TC x 2 HS. || Sigma 21-35 f3.5-4.2. || Tamron SP 24-135.