Sounds like this might be a question for me
1. Open your image you want the texture applied to in PS
2. Open the image with the texture
3. Click the image with the texture to activate it. Make sure that both images are the same orientation (makes it easier)
4. Ctrl + A > click on the image you want the testure applied to > ctrl +V (cmd for apple)
5. edit > transform > scale > if you hold shift +ctrl at the same time and pull one of the corners you can adjust the size of the texture layer without changing its perspective.
6. You have now the texture layer on top of the image layer which you can't see
7. Now set the layer blending mode either to darken/ multiply/overlay/soft light/ and change the opacity of that layer to somewhere around 50%Tip:
any of these layer blending options might work. The easiest is to first
lower the opacity to 50% then
click in the layer palette where it says "normal" so that normal changes to blue colour. What you can then do is just scroll down through all layer blending modes by using the downwards arrow next to your number pad on your keyboard!
Voila- just should find easily the right blending mode in a couple of seconds!
Any questions- feel free! Let us know how you get on
Best of luck and happy photoshopping!