Fother- thanks for your kind comments! Good to know that you appreciate it!
Here is right the next one:Skin Smoothing
Quite useful if you want to stay on good terms with your mother-in-law, spouse, girlfriend to be...as it is a very subtle way of making you look good:
(1) open your image- do all the usual adjustments first (levels... removing of blemishes...) the next step is the very last one!
(2) duplicate the background layer
(3) Filter > Noise > Media > set the value to about 8 - 10 pixels
(4) Set the opacity of this layer to about 50%
(5) Layer > Layer Mask > Hide All
(6) Set foreground colour to white, choose a brush with hardness set to 0 (just click the downward arrow next to brush at the top of your screen) > click on the top layer and there on the right on the black square in other words activate your layer mask > paint with white over the face leaving the eyes out. You can change brush size by clicking the left or right square brackets on your keyboard.
If the effect is too little just adjust the opacity of that layer until it feels right! If you need a stronger effect and you can't adjust it via opacity just set the media to 12 or higher. Voila a very happy customer!